Oct 18, 2010

Gardening in Small Spaces - Rain Lilies...!!

 This week, when I stepped into my balcony , I could see my purple rain lilies in full bloom. There are moments when even little things bring happiness in life ,isn't it ?This was one such moment ...Well, I could picture myself smiling....at the lilies... ;-) ;-) !


Rain Lilies or Fairly lilies are plants of the bulbous species and bloom usually 3 or 4 days after the rains. I planted them in a medium sized pot layered with soil, and a small amount of earthworm compost. The plants grow well in moist, well-drained soil and produce a colorful array of flowers after each rain. These wildflowers can either be grown in small containers or as an edging plant in flower beds along the garden path.

Happy Gardening to all of you ;-) ;-) !!!

2 comments:

  1. wow! what a beautiful pink...you do have a green thumb, em! I could almost smell the rains falling on the wet earth after reading your post...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to share your suggestions and thoughts with me..!! Hope you enjoyed reading my blog..;-) ;-)